Cityvistion For Houdini
Palladio is a plugin for SideFX Houdini. It provides “surface operator” nodes which enable the execution of CityEngine CGA rules within Houdini networks. Therefore, 3D environment artists do not have to leave their familiar Houdini toolset anymore to make use of the procedural modeling power of CityEngine.
Palladio是SideFX Houdini的插件。它提供“surface operator”节点，支持在Houdini网络中执行CityEngine CGA规则。因此，3D环境艺术家不必再离开他们熟悉的Houdini工具集来利用CityEngine的程序建模功能。
With Palladio, complicated export-import pipelines are no longer needed to get CityEngine models into Houdini. This also means that the procedural building models do not need to be “baked” anymore. The buildings stay procedural during the entire modeling workflow (optionally even at render time). Consequently, the 3D environment artist can change the height, style and appearance of buildings easily with a parametric interface at any point during production.
Palladio requires Rule Packages (RPK) as input, which are authored in CityEngine. An RPK includes assets and a CGA rule file which encodes an architectural style. Comprehensive RPK examples are available below and can be used “out-of-the-box” in Palladio. More examples for CGA rule files can additionally be found in the CityEngine tutorials.
Palladio is well suited for managing the procedural generation of architectural 3D content in digital sets. However, Palladio is restricted to the procedural generation of single buildings/objects. Palladio does not include the city layout and street network editing tools of CityEngine (i.e. the rich CityEngine toolset to design a city from scratch, or based on geographic data, is still needed).
Palladio is free for personal, educational, and non-commercial use. Commercial use requires at least one commercial license of the latest CityEngine version installed in the organization. Redistribution or web service offerings are not allowed unless expressly permitted. Please refer to the licensing section below for more detailed licensing information.
使用 Palladio，将 CityEngine 模型导入 Houdini 不再需要复杂的进出口管道。这也意味着程序化建筑模型不再需要“烘焙”。建筑物在整个建模工作流程中保持程序化（甚至在渲染时也可选）。因此，3D 环境美工师可以在制作过程中的任何时候通过参数化界面轻松更改建筑物的高度、风格和外观。
Palladio 需要在 CityEngine 中编写的规则包 (RPK) 作为输入。 RPK 包括资产和编码架构风格的 CGA 规则文件。
下面提供了全面的 RPK 示例，可以在 Palladio 中“开箱即用”使用。 CGA 规则文件的更多示例可以在 CityEngine 教程中另外找到。 Palladio 非常适合管理数字场景中建筑 3D 内容的程序生成。但是，Palladio 仅限于单个建筑物/对象的程序生成。 Palladio 不包含 CityEngine 的城市布局和街道网络编辑工具（即仍然需要丰富的 CityEngine 工具集从头开始或基于地理数据设计城市）。
Palladio 可免费用于个人、教育和非商业用途。商业用途需要至少一个安装在组织中的最新 CityEngine 版本的商业许可证。除非明确允许，否则不允许再分发或提供网络服务。有关更详细的许可信息，请参阅下面的许可部分。
- Palladio is free for personal, educational, and non-commercial use. Commercial use requires at least one commercial license of the latest CityEngine version installed in the organization. Redistribution or web service offerings are not allowed unless expressly permitted.
- Palladio is under the same license as the included CityEngine SDK.
- All content in the “Examples” directory/section is licensed under the APACHE 2.0 license. You may obtain a copy of this license at https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.
- The “Favela” example data is copyrighted by vrbn studios. Please contact email@example.com for commercial licensing options.
- For questions or enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the latest version of Palladio here.
→ Go to downloads
A full documentation of Palladio is available on our github repository.
→ Read documentation
在github 存储库中提供了 Palladio 的完整文档。
For more information, assets and resources check our Github repository.
→ Go to Github
有关更多信息、资产和资源，请查看我们的 Github 存储库。
This example includes full CityEngine and Houdini projects. It demonstrates how to use CityEngine to author procedural assets like Walls, Stairs, Porticos and combine them in Houdini via Palladio and Rule Packages.
- Created by Matthias Buehler
- Also covered in “Digital Production” Issue 05/18 (Article in German).
→ Houdini and CityEngine projects→ Instructions
The Favela example demonstrates the packaging of a complex Rule Package into a Houdini Digital Asset with custom high-level parameters. The provided Houdini scene additionally shows how to prepare the input geometry for Palladio out of an Alembic archive (setup of random seed and start rule).
- Requires Houdini 17.5 and Palladio 1.6.1 or later.
- Based on the original “Favela” project (YouTube) created with CityEngine, Maya and Maxwell.
- Created by Matthias Buehler
→ Houdini Project→ Favela RPK